Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I love my job

I just got finished watching a show called The Matchmaker. I must say that I enjoyed it. This is the original play that the show Hello Dolly was based on. It's not a musical, though there was a little bit of music. I watched the play as a part of my Acting class (or Being class as my professor wants to call it). I also got a ticket to go and see the USF production of Twelfth Night. And I didn't have to buy a textbook for this course.

I tell you what. Preparing for shows, rehearsal, tech week, etc. Might be a little bit of hell on earth, but I sure love it. I'm studying how to make art. How great is that? (rhetorical question) Of course there's not much money in it, but that's not what art is for.

I am also studying German. I have a great class on phonetics and pronunciation. I tell you what, phonetics and pronunciation in German is a whole heck of a lot easier than it is in English. At least they follow their rules.

So, I'm studying to teach. Share knowledge with others so that they can get beyond me because they have a foot up. And I will be teaching two subjects that increase communication and awareness in the world. And on top of that, I like both subjects and teaching.

I love my job.

1 comment:

Richard Chamberlain said...

I think I missed the part where you said which two subjects you are planning on teaching.