Monday, November 19, 2007

December Bee

I made a realization. Blogging is fun, but I don't really count it as writing. I started blogging mostly so that I could motivate myself to write. But blogging is not a valid replacement. So I will blog less...that is to say, I'll blog about as much as I have in the last six months. But I hope we all enjoy it. And sometimes I'll blog more. That's when I have time. And at other times I will blog neither more, nor less. But I'll blog. That's for sure. Because, even if it's not writing that will really stretch me, it is still writing...and that's always fun.

Tata for now.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Holy Shamoly! A post from Derrick! I thought I'd never see one of these again. :)

Blogging, for me, has been a godsend. It has allowed me to hone and develop my voice, experiment with all types of writing, figure out some things about humorous writing and all within a low pressure environment. That and it's about the only way I'll ever write a journal. So at least my posterity will have something to read about my day to day life.

So, now I've written comment that is probably longer than the post I was commenting on. HA!

How are you, BTW? What are you writing for "real"? I'm interested.

Derrick Duncan said...

Mostly school papers.

But other than that, I have been revising Jared Hawthorne, again, for a production here as SUU. The student company has been pushing and supporting me so the revisions are fairly extensive.

Other than that, Nothing yet. Only vague ideas that hold promise of interesting stories. As for exploring voice and such, I have a writing group that likes to explore voice and style through really random and fun exercises. And the journal thing...well, I guess I should get on that too.

Derrick Duncan said...

Oh, and lesson plans. I've written numerous lesson plans in the last few months. Just getting rid of the illusion that I'll have any free time as a teacher.

And, not so much writing, but working on design projects for make-up and scene design for school.

Richard Chamberlain said...

Blog on.