Monday, April 05, 2010

Beep boop dep dop

Running around the world today I realized that I wasn't really running around the world. I know, it's a fairly standard thing to run around the world, but I haven't done it. Superman can, but I can't. And not running around the world led me to think about all of the other things I can't do.

Breathing water: This would be handy for sleeping in the bathtub.
Eating granite: I mean, it would make it so much easier to get all the rocks out of my garden...but I think I would have to broaden that to eating rocks.
Finishing my prize winning novel: Okay, I can't really think why this would be useful, but I've heard that it is exhilarating at the very least.

So, you got me, I'm just joking around. But It's such a common complaint among people who want to do something great. I've got it too. But just finishing a project is often all it takes to get to the next step. Sometimes I forget that it takes a lot of hard work and (let's be honest here) mistakes to become better.

So, if I add nothing to your life today, let me not add that it is often better to do something than nothing. Especially when that something paves the way to something great.

No comments: