Friday, October 04, 2019

This is Incredible!

I subscribe to a newsletter from David Farland (aka Dave Wolverton). I have to recommend his regular emails. They have incited me to examine my craft and he gives much good advice.

If he's not your cup of tea, then find someone else. Brandon Sanderson and crew have created Writing Excuses, an excellent podcast on writing. Alexa Donne has some great advice on her youtube channel.

Professor Jane Friedman has a wonderful course on publishing in the Great Courses

Or look for advice from your favorite writer. I'm sure there's a paper or interview somewhere on the internet.

My point is, you have resources. Learning how to write is a master's degree level endeavor with very little feedback from your professors. Take some time to learn about the craft. Just remember to write too.

What are some resources you've used?

No comments: