Friday, March 31, 2023

AI - A Parable

 I asked an AI to create a parable about my generation, GenX. 

It generated a parable about a group of travelers in a forest and the GenXer came up with a solution that got them through.

I thought that was pretty good.

I'm born 1980, so I'm right on the cusp of Millennials. I asked for a parable about the Millennial generation and (Oh, and by the way, it and it gave me the a warning that it was just an AI.). So I asked for a Millennial parable and it was the same parable with just a few minor differences.

I said, "Those parables sound very similar. Can you give me something different?"

Then it said, Oh, I'm sorry that was too formulaic for you. Let's try this one.

Then it proceeded to give me a parable about how I shouldn't be so judgmental.

I'm not drawing any final conclusions, but I think that AI was being funny.

---

I'm just discovering AI chatbots like ChatGPT. I've been working on a novel about AI, but never really interacted with one as sophisticated as the current generation. I'll probably be posting about this more in the future.

-I love you.-
-Give yourself permission to be okay with your day,
and let tomorrow be tomorrow.-
-Good luck.-

No comments: