Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mysite.com

You know, I don't even know what Mysite.com is. But I saw it on my dashboard page, and I needed a title so here we go...

If Mysite is what it sounds like, then it could be cool. Everybody with their own little website...wait that sounds like the current fad anyway. I'll probably have a website someday, but for now I'm content with my blog. Really, what would I do with a site anyway? I'd blog on it.

But if I did have a site, I think I'd go ahead and post all of my short stories and writing excercises. I am starting to get quite a collection. Nothing more than a few pages, and most of them have no ending, but it'd be fun to get peoples opinions...hey, maybe I'll check out Mysite.

Ha, no! If only you knew why that was so funny. But you don't, because it's kind of an inside joke, you know. Inside jokes are the tools that people use to feel included and make others feel excluded. Actually I don't think that people really use inside jokes to make others feel excluded, it just happens because they tell the joke, and everyone laughs. Everyone except little Timmy. Because he's not part of the group. But someone notices and either says, "You had to be there," or "This is what they're talking about." Either way it's not funny to him. So he feels bad and left out and doesn't come back to play. That's why inside jokes are bad. And that's why I don't hang out with.....never mind.

I guess I had better let you in on it then huh? I'll probably never create a website with a site called Mysite (if that's even what they do.) because my brother has a webhosting business, Blue Sun Hosting, and I can easily create a site through him.

See, it wasn't funny.

And I guess I was a little harsh on inside jokes. They can be a good way of bringing a group together. In fact, any group that forms bonds has "inside" jokes. They're just bad when used to exclude. So I hope that you all feel welcome here at my blog. I would hate to alienate all of you...and by that I mean "all one of you"...and by that I mean me.

Good bye me. I'll talk to you later.

4 comments:

Heather said...

"So I hope that you all feel welcome here at my blog. I would hate to alienate all of you...and by that I mean "all one of you"...and by that I mean me."

Thanks for the laugh. I do get over here ocassionally. And it's always worth it. :)

Derrick Duncan said...

Thanks, Glad to make someone smile.

Heather said...

Tag, you're it!

Go here to see what I mean.

Richard Chamberlain said...

I got a good laugh out of that as well. Very funny. If you are reading your own blog, then you will always have an audience. Oh, and thanks for the plug. =)