Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

My guess is that quite a few blogs posted today will have the exact same title. It is after all a new year. And that's what we say to each other when the new year rolls around. I feel a little like Gandalf in the hobbit when he says, "What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?" Except I would replace "good" with "happy", and "morning" with "New year"

Actually I don't really feel like that. I have just always liked that quote, and I wanted to astound you with my vast literary knowledge....I think I may have failed.

But what about "Call me Ishmael." Huh? Moby Dick....What? still not impressed? how about something like this "The". There you go. I have just quoted nearly every book ever written. I am fairly confident that I could say every book ever written (as long as they were translated) but there might be some book somewhere that doesn't use that particlar word. Maybe.

On other news, I would like to wish you all a Nappy New Year. I meant to type Happy New Year, but when I saw that I had written Nappy instead of Happy it just looked so nice and comforting. You know, since it's new year's day and all, and I stayed up half of the night playing games like Killer Bunnies, Settlers of Cataan, and boxing on Wii sports. So there you have it.

Nappy New Year!

You know. Becas...e Nap sound good right..........

1 comment:

Richard Chamberlain said...

Those were indeed very fun games, each in their own way. The most amazing to me was the Wii. Woo Wii. The most unusual was the Killer Bunny's game. I enjoy games, but that one was just random. However, I really enjoyed it. When can we play next?