Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm a writer

Today I had the opportunity to re-eforce, erm, that is re-enforce the fact that I am a writer. Not only do I write, but I write things that are of considerable length. That, in my opinion, makes a considerable contribution to the supporting evidence for my whole being a writer case. It doesn't necessarily mean that I am a good writer, but in order to be a writer there must be enough written words to support that claim.

I just polished off the 106th page of a screenplay today. Now, that's just a rough draft, but one hundred and six pages is a lot. So, I'm celebrating for a short bit before I get back to work revising.

So, if you have a glass near the computer (well, if you have a glass near the computer you are probably very likely to have computer problems in the near future but we'll forget that for now) then raise your glass in a toast. Just a toast to anything. But most of all to doing things. Because doing things is what makes the world go round.

Cheers.