Monday, December 04, 2006

Publish

Sometimes you just gotta think. I know, it may not happen that often. Especially if you are me, but it does happen. And when it does, boy do I get a headache. Well not really, but it is a common bit of humor to make fun of people who are considered less than intelligent by saying that their head hurts, or their is smoke coming out of their ears, or the gears are grinding or something like that.

Ha! That just goes to show how little the people making fun are thinking. There is really no way for people to generate smoke from their brains (wether or not they use them often for deep thinking). Also, any student of anatomy will realize that there are no gears in our heads. There are only neurons and cells, and things like that. The only thing that could be true is the head hurting thing, and generally it is not a hurting but a slight disiorientation and a general grogginess. At least that's how I feel after Finals week.

Speaking of Finals week, did you know that Einstien attended practically none of his university classes. But that wasn't a big deal back then because the standard method for testing in universities of the time was a comprehensive final exam. An exam that covered all four years of school. Attendance would be a good idea, but c'mon this is Einstein we're talking about. He took his buddy's notes, and crammed (I guess I should say mega-crammed because it's not just one semester, it's eight. Four whole years of colledge crammed into one last bit of testing. Holy Cow!). Then, supposedly, he couldn't even think about anything that had to do with science for three months. Wow! if that's not an interesting bit of unconfirmed hearsay then I don't know what is. This is at least as true as the movie "I.Q."

Well, then, that's about all I can tell you about my thinking. I really have been. And I think that I'll continue to think. Maybe I'll even write a book about it. Maybe just a blog.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ah, Derrick. You never cease to make me laugh.

Derrick Duncan said...

Good. Then I am doing my job. :)

Richard Chamberlain said...

Sounds like that could make college much easier and quicker.