Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Well, I've done it again.

My wife and I have recently contracted with a major corporation to buy a child. I think it was Wal-mart or something. They had a two for one sale, but we decided that we would just get one (a girl). We'll buy another if we can handle this one. Maybe it's a conservative philosophy, but I just don't want to buy more than we can handle. We've already got a small appartment and I've been asking Kendra to go through stuff and get rid of it. And I don't want to get rid of something that I'll regret losing. Besides that, we already have two other kids, and I think that for now three will be plenty.

Speaking of my other kids, we've got to pick a name for this one. So we decided to be democratic about it and ask the others what they wanted for names. The youngest just thinks it's cool that mommy has a baby in her tummy, and wants me to tell him what the baby in his tummy is saying. The oldest is somewhat more helpful and he suggested a beautiful name.

Wonder Woman.

I told him, we can't name our little baby Wonder Woman because we've already got a Wonder Woman in our family. He looked at me quizzicaly, and then I explained. When your Mommy says something weird I just look at her and say, "Sometimes I Wonder Woman." So much for democracy.

He looked at me like I was crazy and continued to insist that the new kid is Wonder Woman. Luckily my wife laughed. I'm sure I'll get something back for it eventually though.

On another note. I have started to write another script. This one is a screenplay. I know what you are all thinking. "Why are you going to write another script when you haven't even sold the first one?" Well, even if you aren't really thinking about that (in fact, you're probably only thining about the end of this blog and why it is not coming faster.), I will answer.

I am writing a script because I want to. Yeah, I hope that one day someone rich and connected will read it and say, "I want to make this script into a movie and pay you a million billion dollars for it." But until that happens, I like writing. I really haven't gotten into writing a good book like I wanted to, so I will take back up the screenwriting software.

Well, until I am famous...

1 comment:

Richard Chamberlain said...

Congrats and congrats. Good luck on the script. I like the wonder woman joke. =)