Sunday, September 20, 2009

Entropy be damned

I have noticed of late a drifting of my energies away from that solid individual I have worked so hard to create. Now, though I do love to toot my own horn, I am not tooting my own horn. Maybe just a little. I am, instead, issuing a call to arms.

Let the trombones' fanfare echo in my heart as I lift myself from despair. Begone atrophy of body, mind, and spirit.

Up. Up, I say. Rise to face the day and do something. Because action is life, and inaction is the opposite of action. So, if inaction is the opposite of action and action is life, what does that make inaction.

I know that sometimes we've gotta wait by and see things move on their own (like children learning to ride a bike or something), but that's a choice. And choose is an action word. And that is how I roll.

2 comments:

JAMIE said...

I don't know that your mom would like to see you swearing. ;)

Is this "Derrick's Psalm", like Nephi's?

No longer droop in sin! ;)

Derrick Duncan said...

Oh, don't worry. I was using the term correctly. :)

And I guess this could be my Psalm. I'm glad you picked up on my inspiration.

However, I'd prefer to call it "Derrick's Rockin' Psalm of Awesomeness".

I don't know it will catch on. :)