Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's on the bag

I've picked up a new hobby lately. I enjoy it about as much as I thought I might. Here's the lowdown. I go and visit local potential employers and ask them whether they accept resumes. If they do, I give them one of mine. If they don't, I ask for an application. But the fun doesn't end there. I also ask if the application is available online, but most potential employers tell me that up front.

Case in point: I went out to a job fair the other day and it was nearly a two hour drive. The only employer at the fair talked to me for a moment and said, "You can give us your paper resume, but it would be better to apply online." I have to say, I was under the impression that a job fair is all about meeting people in person, but I'm wrong often enough that I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

So, if you have any leads on jobs that require writing, teaching, or theatre (I know, it has an E on the end. Blame my schooling.), please let me know. I'd love to further my list of applications because, as a hobby, I like it.

Don't worry though, I know that when I say you, I'm really talking to me. This is like some otherworldly trick to get me to talk to myself some more. Well, I'm not falling for it this time Gribnebop. You'll have to try harder than that.

No comments: