Sunday, December 28, 2008

One time at a day

Eating turkey dinner at my grandmother-in-law's gave me insight into the greater meaning of the universe. Unfortunately the nap that I took right after eating said turkey removed all of that insight. But things could be worse. All in all I think I came out on top because I lost none of my original insight, just the insight I could have gained had I not napped. However, I would have eventually slept and I believe my insight would have vanished just as surely over the night. The only consolation would have been one amazing post in which I shared my insight with the world. Maybe I would have even read my own post later and following the unavoidable insight from that I would have written an insightful yet entertaining novel about some young shepherd who dreamed about a treasure and went on a journey to find it only to return to his home a better person for the journey but treasure-less. But then he would dig a hole under the tree which watched over his original dream and find...da da daaa...the treasure of his dream.

After writing this novel, I would of course realize that Paulo Coelho has already written it (you can find that info here). And I would make my new years resolution not to write a novel that someone else has already written.

In fact, I think that should be my new years resolution.

You heard it here first. I hereby resolve not to write a novel that someone else has already written...or something like that.

No comments: