Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Montessori is for the poor kids.

My wife has found a job at a local pre-school. It is a Montessori school. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Monessori schools, it is based on the educational theory of constructivism. For those of you who aren't familiar with constructivism, it is the primary method of teaching at Montessori schools.

I'm glad that I could clear that up. (I attribute my circular logic to my older brother who gave me my circular logic.)

So, my wife is going to teach at a Montessori school. We shant be getting any more money than we get now, because my son will be attending the school. And since we don't have any more money, we can't afford a pre-school, so this works out fine. It is exciting after all to know that my child may be smarter than I am someday. In fact, he may be smarter than I am right now. He often seems to think so. But since I am of an extremely adult centered societey, I usually win anyway. And since he is only three years old, I don't feel too bad when I tell him, "I am sorry. No matter how many times I explain the evaporation/condensation/precipitation cycle it will become no clearer. So let's stick with 'rain comes from the sky because there's more room up there.'"

Actually, I have never discussed the rain with my children. But I have discussed clouds, and the sun (Which incidentally goes to sleep in China. And yes, you do have to go to sleep when the sun goes to sleep. Except in winter, and I'll let you know when that comes around.)

So, as I was saying. I like to drive my car. It really doesn't go fast. But it goes. And, like most americans, that is the main purpose of a car (I use the term 'car' here as a generic name for all automobiles). Some people get fast cars, or powerful cars because they like to drive. Those people are generally called Italians. Most americans, even those who have enough money to drive fast cars, think of a car as merely a mode of transportation, and they would generally like to spend as little time as possible in it. Hence the inordinate amount of traffic related violence and road rage.

My goodness people. Get a hold of you'se'f!

Peace out.

2 comments:

Richard Chamberlain said...

It must be difficult to communicate with your older brother when he is using circular logic.

I like your explanation of why rain comes out of the sky.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.