Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Backpack Adventure

Well, I finally got the Internet at my house. It's been a long time coming. I thought that I could last without it, but this summer I'm taking a course online. This also means that I can write my blog on an irregular basis. Wait, I have been writing on an irregular basis. Well, i guess nothing's changed. And so...

Well, on to bigger and better things.

I guess I could tell you about self depreciating jokes. They're just not as funny as they once were. I write about how few people read my blog, or how fat I am, or whatever, and soon I start sounding depressed and I bring other people down, and nobody wants to be around a chatty Nancy, oh wait, I mean a nosy....wait again...fine, I don't know what to call a party pooper without a party. But I do know that self depreciating jokes just detract from any situation. From now on I'll only tell self aggrandizing jokes. Like when I laugh about how I have a body like Kevin Sorbo (huh, who was that guy? Wasn't he on Hercules, wait, he was Hercules.)

So, instead of just acting like the normal old me, I will put on a facade and change that facade whenever the fancy strikes. Crap, that sounds like a self depreciating joke just waiting to happen. Well, I guess one for the old days wouldn't hurt.

So, I guess I could tell you about self depreciating jokes. But it's really a boring lecture, so I'll spare you.

Later.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

For some reason I thought you should have also mentioned Lucy Lawless, you know "Xena:Warrior Princess".

I always watched her, poop on Hercules.

Derrick Duncan said...

Yeah, but for some reason I never get people saying, "Hey you look like Lucy Lawless." I don't know why? I think I look much more like her.

Richard Chamberlain said...

Self aggrandizement is much more fun and entertaining. Use this medium to create the "you" of your dreams. You can be anything in your imagination. I think that is why we (your readers) are here. To see you become large than life and more amazing than Superman. Let us have it! Bring on the aggrandizement!

Personally, I think Gabby was cuter than Zena.