Wednesday, October 11, 2006

LOAD"blog",7,8

This is my first blog. In it, I pay homage to the commodore 64 that I first typed on. Actually, I never really typed on it. Most of the time I watched my older siblings play games. And usually, I was looking through a crack in the door, or from somewhere they couldn't see.
Yeah, I hid. And I learned how to start a program. And then when they were bored I actually got to touch the computer. Amazed by the incredible graphics, I was immediately trapped by the wide world of computer gaming. I didn't realize that computers were for storing data or for writing. I only thought about the cool, and in depth games that my brothers seemed to get from everywhere. And I never wrote more than the required number of words in an assignment. Writing was boring.
Now I don't play games, I write. Wait, let me rephrase that. Now I play less games, and write more. In fact, I hope someday to become a published writer. And when that day comes around, no one will know that this blog is connected in any way to me, or to my writing. In all reality, I don't think that anyone reading this blog will care enough to even think about it....come to think of it, maybe no one is reading this blog.
No matter. I write for the love of writing....But when I do become a published writer I will publish a reference to my blog in one of my obscure novels and all my fans will rush to their computer screens, or lap-pads, or whatever they happen to use in that far future day.
Band width won't matter, because no matter how big I get, no one ever gets that big by writing...unless your name is Joanne Rowling. Then you will have billions of dollars, seven books, and seven movies, and so you could buy all the bandwidth your heart desires. And really you won't have to worry about it because all the information that you want to get to the public has already been leaked out and the million fansites distribute the information for you. (Not to knock on J.K. she has a pretty good website herself.)
But, I am not J.K. Rowling. My name isn't even Joanne. First of all, that is a girl's name. And even if it were a boys name I wouldn't go by J.K. That's just something they did in the U.S. so that people would read the book and think it was from someone like C.S. Lewis, or J.R.R. Tolkein, or P,D, Evenston....ok, I made the last one up. Imagine the look on all of our faces when we found out that J.K. Rowling was really a girl. Really we live in a sexist society.
In closing I would like to say,"I like to eat Zuppe Toscana. The Olive Garden makes it, and makes it well, but I will always be partial to my wife's cooking, and that is all I have to say about that." But instead of saying something so trite I will merely say. Hope you enjoyed. See you next time.

1 comment:

Richard Chamberlain said...

I love the title of this post. Very reminiscent of the old Commodore 128 days. =)