Saturday, February 17, 2007

When in doubt...

I guess you are all wondering why I asked you here today. Well, I have two important items of business. And immediately following all of the extraneous text that I am currently spewing forth onto the computer screen I will tell you what those two very important items of business are.

First, as you may have noticed. I got a picture up there in the right hand corner of this page. Well, it's actually not quite in the corner. If this were a stage it would be up-left stage, but not quite all the way up or left. So, you see it? Good. Now, I am well pleased with this photographic record of my incredibly good looks for all generations to know. It is reminiscent of my older brothers, my father, and...well...myself. This beauty of a picture was taken at the same time as this picture and I must say that I can now, without hesitation (but with much ado), recommend this person as a photographer.

The reason that I got the pictures in the first place was to create a professional looking photo for my photo resume that I need to take part in the audition which I mentioned in my previous blog.

Now, on to the second extremely important item of business. I just saw a production of Shakespeare's play The Tempest. It was presented by the Utah Valley State College theatre program. They did an excellent job. I have to say, when I first saw the tempest I thought it was trite, silly, and that the two love interests fell in love way too quickly for my belief (The fact that they thought they were the only two available people on their little island seemed far too great a reason in their desire for union.) . But this time, even though the love story was still unbelievably quick, I loved it. The staging and direction was amazing. But the performance style was the most interesting of all.

Four actors, the readers, stood at the corners of the stage and read all of the parts while the actors on stage acted out the parts. For a few voices they had two people speak at once leading to a very otherworldly effect that I didn't think possible in live theatre. It may sound weird, but I assure you that It was amazing and if you ever have a chance to see Shakespeare directed by Christopher Clark I would.

Now, since I seem to have forgotten an items of actual importance, I'll let you go.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awesome pictures. You are, indeed, a good-looking guy like all your brothers and your father. Just runs in the family. Which reminds me of another family trait -- dumb jokes. Have you heard that one?

Okay, so I read through Shakespeare a bit yesterday. Have you found any monologues? Call me if you need ideas. I have a few.