Wednesday, February 28, 2007

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie...

That's Amore! Yeah! I tell you what. Yeah! But man, what about when there's a Lunar eclipse? Is that Amore still there? Does it just disappear? Are you suddenly loveless, or is there uh more eh?

Oh, man. I can't believe I just came up with that. And all because I was thinking about my relationship with theatre. I mean, I love it. The moon hit my eye, and I fell in love with theatre and movies and scriptwriting (actually any writing), and I'm in love. But every once in a while there seems to be a lunar eclips in the theatre area of my life. It usually happens in the middle of a rehearsal process. I'm in a play right now and we've been rehearsing for three weeks, and we've got three more 'til the show opens. And I have no time to do anything else (like writing). And spending time with my family gets more and more difficult.

But It happens every time. I guess that's what lets me know that this is a real job. Like any other job, it's hard work. But I love it, and when the play is over I will miss all of the time that I had spent with my new friends, and I'll miss the endless rehearsals...well maybe not them, but I'll miss it all so much that I'll try out for another play. I guess it's like having a kid. There's gotta be some reason to do it all again.

But I think I'll wait a while to act in another play. I've been putting off my family, and too many writing projects, and maybe a video game too.

1 comment:

Richard Chamberlain said...

So much to do, so little time. That's amore.