Monday, July 16, 2007

Arts and.... well, Family

When I was a liberal arts major I studied German and Theatre. Oh, wait, I stil am a liberal arts major. But I also study education so I can teach because...well, I have a family and that seems to be one of the only ways to make money in the liberal arts field. No. Stop. That's not quite true. Plenty of ways to make money exist inthe Liberal arts field. However, most of them require years of no money and trying to get your name known. So I revise my previous statement as follows; Teaching seems to be one of the only ways to make money in the liberal arts directly out of college.

So I have two things to say. And one of them is said. The other one remains to be said. And I don't even know if I'll say it.

I traveled three.5 hours two ways (that's about 7 hours just so you know) to get to a family outing on Saturday. I tell you, it's a good thing that my family is freakin' awesome, or I really would have rued the trip. As it is now, I'm just still trying to recover. Water fights and picnics and my brother's new iPhone. Lots of fun was had by all.

Laters.

2 comments:

Heather said...

So glad we got to see you. Even if it was short.

Richard Chamberlain said...

We love you, brother!